Nilly Barr, M.S., LPC, Parenting Coach
Board Certified in Integrative Medicine
Nilly is a Licensed Professional Counselor with a Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology from the University of Tennessee in 1988. Nilly has been in practice for over thirty years and lives in Greenville with her husband of 38 years and an extended family of friends-- as well as their lively Carolina Dingo dog: Max. Their two grown daughters and son in law as well as the grand dogs light up their lives as does the new granddaughter. Nillyis also involved in various community efforts while providing services in Greenville and various other states virtually. Her hobbies include woodworking, paddle boarding, reading, gathering with friends and family, and mindful presence with nature. She has been a meditator for years and believes relative happiness and peace are possible in This Moment with one breathe - simple, not easy - not to over simplify complex matters such as trauma.
Accredited by the American Association of integrative Medicine (2012), A Diplomate in the American Psychotherapy Association Nilly provides a full range of counseling services focused on individuals, couples, and businesses. It is her belief that all of us can improve our relationships with partners, children, co-workers, clients and with ourselves. The key to such improvement lies in the word "balance". Anything and everything we do invloves relationships of a sort with ourselves, with others, and with the earth; we can become skillful in a balanced presence in all our relationships. Balanced presence, relationships, life is infused with kindness, compassion, awareness, and respect.
Balance embodies a sense of a well-proportioned life:
- Give to our loved ones and our jobs without losing ourselves?
- Maintain lasting relationships while nurturing ourselves?
- Balance the serious demands of life and still engage in the humor and joy in it?
- Calm our children's minds and keep ourselves at peace?
- Face our fears without being paralyzed by them? and to touch the place of trust deep within?
- Live life in touch with abundance and safety even as we are surrounded by turmoil?
Some of Nilly's favorite books are:
Relax and Be Aware, by Sayadaw U. Tejaniya
Happiness is an inside job, by Sylvia Boorestein
Trusting the Gold, by Tara Brach
Atlas of the Heart, by Brene" Brown
The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel van DerKolk
While a general practitioner, she has special expertise in the areas of:
- Cross-cultural adjustments - Coping with cultural changes and assimilation as a result of relocation, including gender issues, ethnic background and English as a second language.
- Executive coaching - Helping executives improve skills such as communication, delegation, time-management, conflict resolution, and motivation.
- Parenting coaching - Find more information on Nilly's parenting coaching
- Couples problem solving - Improve communication, align goals and priorities, and resolve conflicts for all couples (married, unmarried, about to marry, same gender couples).
- Self compassion - How we relate to ourselves, how we see ourselves is a key to our happiness. We can be kind and compassionate to ourselves while we also hold ourselves accountable - no sticks necessary.
- Stress-management - Helping to make friends with the stress of everyday life - stress is a given, not our enemy; how we respond is our choise. We do not have to suffer just because stress exists.
- Disordered Eating - Nilly has specialized in the treatment of ED for thirty years. She is a founding member of PHED Up (Professionals Healing Eating Disorders in the Upstate) and ED Aware (Eating Disorders Awareness) formerly non profit local organizations serving to increase awareness and education on the topic.
Individuals: $170 per 50 minute session
Couples/family: $220 per 50 minute session
Executive Coaching: $300 per 50 minute session
Parenting Coaching: Initial Consultation - $350 (1½ hour), follow up $250 per 50 minute sessions
Appointments outside of regular business hours (Mon-Thu 9am to 5pm): $250 per 50 minute session
Other Forms: *If you would like
care coordinated with another provider, such as a psychiatrist,
physician, please complete this form to authorize release of
Patient Authorization Form
"Nourish your body with kindness and honor."
Video caption from Ed Aware Reception 2015 - Click Here
ANAD Member 2013